Gift Aid and Supporter Policy
The scheme allows charities like us to get the tax back on donations when the people donating are UK taxpayers.
As a supporter of The Museum of Brexit, you are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that donating to us should be a positive and rewarding experience.
Below we outline the promises we make to our supporters.
We have high standards
The Museum of Brexit:
- Adheres to the Code of Fundraising Practice
- monitors fundraisers, volunteers, and third parties working with us to raise funds to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this promise
- complies with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising
We are clear, honest, and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- we are clear about who we are and what we do
- we give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation
- where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent
- We provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third-party organisations
- we do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise
- if you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail, and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We are fair and reasonable
- Treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs
- take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety
- take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We will do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers, volunteers, and third-party agencies working with us comply with all fundraising regulations, and this promise
- where we work with third party agencies, we will provide training and monitor their work. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set
- we will always provide easy ways for you to contact us, and our Supporter Services Team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have
- if you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, you can contact us to make us aware of a concern or a complaint using our complaints policy. If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything to put things right.
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you have any questions please contact our Supporter team via our contact us page, or 020 776 9011 and they will be happy to help.